A Hands-On Guide to Growing Organic Vegetables, Fruits and Herbs—Starting with Just One Square Yard!
Lolo Houbein has been growing food for more than 30 years—and now, drawing on her wide learning and hard-earned experience, she offers a wealth of information on how to turn small plots of land into sources of nourishing, inexpensive, organic food. Amateur gardeners wondering how to get started and veteran gardeners looking for new ideas will be inspired by Houbein’s practical, often charming, and always optimistic advice. One Magic Square
- Earth-friendly tips, tricks, and solutions for establishing and maintaining an organic garden
- Illustrated, annotated plans for 30 plots with different themes—including perennials and “pick-and-come-again” plants, anti-cancer and anti-oxidant-rich vegetables, and salad, pizza, pasta, and stir-fry ingredients
- Comprehensive information about every plant in every plot
- Color photographs of the author’s own garden—plus helpful illustrations
- Houbein family recipes for making the most of your bounty—including salad dressings, fruit and vegetable juices, stir-fries, and more.