Celebrate the 10th anniversary of a groundbreaking book on creativity with this limited anniversary hardcover, with a new afterword, color endpapers pulled from Austin Kleon’s sketchbooks, and a ribbon marker.
Ten years after its initial publication, the message of Steal Like an Artist
remains powerful: embrace influence, follow interests wherever they take us, forget old clichés like writing about what you know—instead, write the book that you want to read, make the movie you want to watch. And above all, find the space you need to be wild and daring in your imagination and your work.
This 10th anniversary edition includes a new afterword by the author, discussing the book’s influence and how “stealing” has been misunderstood, and offering a unique, personal perspective on a book that’s touched so many. Unlock your creativity
- Steal like an artist.
- Don’t wait until you know who you are to get started.
- Write the book you want to read.
- Use your hands.
- Side projects and hobbies are important.
- The secret: Do good work and share it with people.
- Geography is no longer our master.
- Be nice. (The world is a small town.)
- Be boring. (It’s the only way to get work done.)
- Creativity is subtraction.