Overcome the emotional toll of chronic or invisible illness with 50 positive affirmations, writing prompts, and soothing illustrations inspired by nature
This gorgeously illustrated volume offers guided journaling to a community that stands to benefit immensely: those living with chronic illness. Author and illustrator Emily Suñez—herself a chronic illness patient with multiple diagnoses—speaks from experience through 50 affirmations and over 100 writing prompts that will both console readers and empower them to:
- cultivate self-compassion and chart their own course to inner healing
- develop the self-care strategies best suited to their illness
- advocate for themselves with doctors, family, friends, and coworkers
- unlock the emotional benefits of mindfulness and positive psychology
- spot patterns related to their symptoms and manage them better
Throughout, Emily’s bold, botanical illustrations underscore her message of hope and resilience. This is the perfect gift for a loved one in need—or yourself.